CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Busy, Busy......

Man how time flies. I can't believe it's been since Thursday that I've posted. My sister told me this evening that's not being a 'good blogger'. So, here I am. Let's start with Friday. My sister kept my kids for what was suppose to be a few hours so Hubby and I could finish shopping and so she could do a Christmas craft with my kids. But it turned into an all nighter. She offered to keep the kids over night since they were having such a good time playing with my two nephews and my niece. We were like yeah! We enjoyed ourselves so much. It was nice to not feel rushed to get everything done and to enjoy our time with one another. After children you cherish all the time alone that you are blessed to get. We went to an early dinner at Olive Garden, which is one of my favorite restaurants. Thanks Sis, I owe you BIG!!! After all the hustle and bustle of the stores and traffic we went to our friend's house. Mike and Dia were married only two weeks ago. We sat and talked, which is something we don't get to do very often, uninterrupted I mean. They are a great couple. I truly believe that God has huge plans for them together. I'm so happy for them and pray everyday that God will bless their marriage tremendously. Okay, mush mush I'm starting to get sappy!

Saturday was a bit of a lazy day. I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold on Friday night and it finally hit me Saturday. We picked up the kids went to the grocery store and came home! I did manage to make some Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls. Actually for the first time, they were sinfully delicious! Just kidding, they are really good!! Movies and hot tea was all I wanted.

Today we had our Christmas play at church. It was a good drama. The kids were so cute in their jammies and then they did this cool glow in the dark butterfly thing with music. You just had to be there. Between the time after church and before my mom's house we went to Hubby's parents. It was nice to see them. We haven't been able to visit much lately. Someone has always been sick lately or we have had some risky weather. Mom-in-law had cooked a ham with greenbeans, potatoes, sweet potato casserole, baked beans, and rolls. YUM! I was starving when I got there so I ate like there was no tomorrow!! Thanks to you Mom-in-law! And her sidekick, Pop-in-law! We also had Christmas at my mom's house tonight. The kids opened their gifts from my mom and sister and her family. Everyone was so excited. We ate pizza which was different from what we normally do but I think it was one of the best ideas. The kids were able to eat right away and not a whole lot of mess to clean up. My mom has to work a double on Christmas Eve. This will be the first year ever that we won't be together on Christmas Eve. Life does change. Just with the holidays it's nice to be with family. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Christmas festivities.

0 comments: