CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Kids

I have two children. Enough said, right? Well, my two seem to keep me so busy some days. I wonder where the day has gone or that bed time can not come soon enough. I know many moms who feel this same way. Like I said in an earlier blog that Hubby is working 3:30 in the afternoon til 1:30 in the morning and with where we live he has to leave at 2:30 to not return til 2:30 in the morning. That means I have dinner, bath, and bed all by myself. Whew, I'm wore out just writing about it. (Props to single parents who have to do it alone.) Not to mention, I don't sleep very well in the bed by myself, I never have. Ask my mom! This week has been challenging. I mean its nice to have him here for lunch. But I will be so glad to have him here in the evening. After tonight he will be home until after Christmas!! I've come to really appreciate our time together. I enjoy just being at home with my husband and kids. That's one of the things that makes me the happiest. To not have to be running up and down the roads and we are able to enjoy the time we have together.

Tomorrow my sister is going to watch my kids for a few hours so she can do a Christmas craft with them. This will give Hubby and I some time alone to finish our shopping. Speaking of shopping, God has really been good to Hubby and I this season. I've mentioned in my profile that I'm a Cosmetologist. I have been so blessed to have people call and want to buy their family members 'gift certificates' from me for hair services. Which has been such a blessing to get the extra money here at Christmas time.

My daughter is 4 and has started to put Christmas and presents together. She asked the other day, "How many days till Santa brings us our presents from Jesus?" I was so shocked. She in her little mind thinks that Santa works for Jesus. We explained that Santa doesn't work for Jesus but that Jesus loves us so much that he wants them to have the presents for His birthday. We have decided since it is so close already that we aren't going to tell them that Santa isn't real this year but have decided for now we are saying, 'it's only -- days til Jesus' birthday.' For Christ Followers, this is a touchy subject. Many parents face this ordeal at sometime or another. Obvisouly, God is letting us personally know that it's time to be honest to our children. The Bible has so much that we believe without seeing as adults. For my children, I don't want them to think that the stories in the Bible aren't true. I'm in awe of God and how He brings things forth in our lives.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I had no idea that God was leading you in that direction... God will bless you when you follow his directions and Your children are blessed to have a mommy and daddy that are willing to follow Gods leading and who love them so much!
Only 4 days until Christmas!