CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year......Resolution?

I've always laughed at New Year's Resolutions. I think its silly to think that you're going to change the minute the clock strikes midnight. Of course, some people will accomplish their goals. I've never really made a resolution before. I have made change in my life, big changes in some areas. And I've not had to wait till the Jan. 1 to do it. I committed in March of 2006 to lose baby weight and did that by God's grace and power. No, it wasn't much but it was an accomplishment for me. By June of 2006 I had lost what I wanted. Being a young mom of two small children, I seem to get busy and weeks go by and before I know it I have missed someone's birthday or anniversary. This year I'm making a stab at remembering people's birthdays and anniversary by sending them a card in the mail to let them know that I am thinking about them at their special time of the year. I'm going to be praying and taking one month at a time to do this. I don't expect to be perfect but I have already written down everyone's birthdays and anniversaries. Only time will tell if this is a 'silly' resolution or not. Good luck to those who have made a pledge into the new year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not a silly resolution at all. In fact it sounds like a great idea! I am horrible at remembering birthdays and such...
I, the same as you, never have done the new years res. either. However, this year is different! I have a few mind. Hopefully by midnight tonight I will have decided which one I will work on through the year.