CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day!

Whew! I love Christmas! But does it take a toll on your body! I mean schedules are rearranged and you can forget nap time. One day seemed to blur into the next! Hubby and I are blessed with such great family. Christmas Eve we went to his grams house. Seeing everyone is nice. Even though we all live with in 35 miles of one another we still don't get to see them as much as we would like. The kids had a great time and this year was the first year Peter actually opened all of his gifts. He really got the hang of it this time around! I really love seeing their faces light up when they open their gifts. Hubby's parents came and spent the night at our house Christmas Eve. That was lots of fun. I told my mom that she needed to come next year and we would have a big ole slumber party with the in-laws!!!! After opening present I made sausage gravy and biscuits with homemade fried potatoes with onions, eggs and heated some bacon and pancakes for my little children. We all chowed down! We then went to Hubby's other grandma's, opened presents there and then ate some more food! I confessed to mother-in-law that I have officially gained 5 pounds throughout the holiday season. And with gaining my extra pudge I even got Rachael Ray's new cook book for Christams!! How ironic?! No, my New Year's resolution will not be to lose weight. I fully intend on cooking more YUM-O food in the new year!! All the women who like to cook, can I get an AMEN?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!