CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Saturday Outing

I have a friend who I am getting to know more everyday. This friend of mine is a very good mom and wife. She loves her husband and two beautiful boys very much and sacrafices a lot for them including her wardrobe. Over time she has been given things and bought things from the the thrift stores but she has lost some weight and is really I mean really skinny now! She was in need of some clothes to flatter her now! She shared with me that she financially could afford to buy herself new clothes but doesn't feel like it is a wise purchase and somewhat that she is not 'worthy' of new clothes and that clothes just need to 'cover' your body. Not enhance it. Her thinking has changed!



God has blessed this woman with height, a flat tummy (after two babies) none of the flabby stuff that I so 'dearly' hold on too, long lean arms, great shoulders and face that lights up when she smiles. I was blown away when she peeled of the boxy sweater.



So anyway, we went shopping all day on Saturday. And when I say all day I mean all day like from 8 AM to 6 PM!!!! She told me she HATES to shop. I could never imagine not enjoying shopping. Something clicked in her that day. She realized that when two women go together it can be very fun and sometimes funny! During the day I moved her from the too baggy pants and too big shirts and sweaters to 1. a smaller size than what she thought 2. defined the differance between 'fitted' and 'tight'. She had a complete para dime shift!! It's not hard to be a teacher when your student is willing to learn and become a sponge!! We not only changed her style of pants and shirts but down to the well........lets say.......the 'unmentionables'!!! Yes, that's right ladies, a THONG!! Which this was something we took a minute to talk through why you would need a thong, and not just for hubby!! If you need this question answered, comment and I will gladly explain it to you! I wasn't the only one learning that day she taught me some new words, 'schluply' (spelling could be wrong!) this means sloppy, unkempt. Example: "this shirt makes me look schluply" My girl was doing so good by the end of the day she was rating on how 'well' people were dressing for their bodies. "oh no, she has a shelf booty and her jeans are cutting the back of her thighs, too tight" At the end of the day we headed back home where it took both of us to carry, two fisted, all her purchases into her house where her hubby's eyes were so big, I think he was thinking, "do we have anything moolah left to eat on?"! No, I'm kidding, well not about how many bags we carried in but about the budget. She took a budget and very defined list of what she needed and what colored she needed it in. She stuck to her budget and I don't think she paid full price for any thing!! Clearance racks first ladies!!!

1 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

Move over Clinten and Stacey, Ms. Ruby is coming over to What not to Wear!