CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mommy Can I Help?


There once was a time when every child wanted to help their mom in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. Wendy has always wanted to help cook. Since she was able to stand she has been interested in mixing and pouring. But today, oh today was unlike any other day that I have experienced as a mommy. I am the type that I can't start dinner when the dishes in the dishwasher are clean. They must be put away and any dirty dishes that have 'managed to accumulate in the 45 min. the dishwasher was running' must be loaded before I can start to cook. I was in the process of unloading when Wendy walked and in and in her sweetest, kindest voice asked," Mommy, can I help?" I thought, "hmmmmmm this could be a chance to let her do them and give myself a 'break'." So, in my most loving voice I said, "sure!!". Have at it I thought. I ran through quickly on where in the dishwasher things went and gave her a towel to throw over her shoulder. Within minutes my girl was doing dishes better than I could have ever imagined. So good that after during dinner I told her if she ate all her food I would 'let' her do the dinner dishes. Pots and all! She was so excited! You better believe that I'm going to use this as a privilege now. I was a teenager once and know that this will not last very long. She will soon realize that this is a chore and no longer fun. I intend on letting this go on as long as possible. As I am posting this she is in there singing and washing. Man oh man. I didn't know at first what to do. I mean I walked around the house for a little bit and realized there was nothing at the moment to do but blog!!!

1 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

Oh boy I can't wait for Daisy to be able to do dishes like her best friend Wendy!