CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Mom and Me MEME

I've been Tagged to do Mom & Me MEME...

First, post a picture of you and your children.......


1. How many children do you have?
I have 2 beautiful children on the 'outside' and 1 in the oven! 5 more weeks and counting!!
2. What are their ages?
Wendy is 4 and Peter is 3.

3. What time do you start your day?
Hubby gets up around 5:30 and me shortly after, depending, we do our couple's devotional bible study, but we don't stick to this like we have in the past. He'll take a shower and I make his lunch and then fix breakfast for him. Pray over him before he leaves and kiss kiss at 6:45!! At 7 the kids get up eat breakfast and get dressed for preschool. And out the door at 8:10.
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
We eat homemade cinnamon vanilla french toast, Wendy's favorite, chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs scrambled or fried, egg and cheese sandwiches, bagels with cream cheese, and of course cereal.
5. Do they watch TV?
Yes, now that preschool has started we don't watch much during the morning. A show during lunch and then maybe one or two in the late afternoon after nap time. Evenings are busy right now we usually aren't here. At night we love to 'pile up' eat popcorn and watch a movie all of us together.
6. What are their favorite activities?
Peter~ Loves Playmobile, Light Sabers and Ninja Turtles. Wendy~ Loves to play kitchen and serve people, dress up and practicing for her new baby. Both love to paint, I have paint on my kitchen chairs that won't come off to prove it! I'm not a big fan of a messy activity but they love it.
7. Do you get a break during the day for some you time?
I used to everyday when the kids took a nap but Wendy has recently like within the last few days stopped taking a nap. Being pregnant I like to sleep myself when they are but can't if she's awake.
8. How do you end your day?
We get dinner wrapped up....or get home from where ever the schedule may take us, get in jammies, pray and go to bed. Some times we have to make mulitple trips back to the bed when little feet come down the hall.
9. What is your best parenting advice or tip?
For me, I've learned to love and enjoy my children in the moment that they are in now and not where I want them to be or where they will be. It makes life and the days so much easier. It's not easy by any means to not wish that 'they could just do this' or that 'this phase is so hard'. But to realize they won't be where they are at right now in this moment for very long and I need to enjoy it before its too late. I look forward to being able to do this with my new baby from his first breath.

2 comments:

Happy Mommy said...

I am so glad you played! Hope you are feeling well today!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Sounds like your day is pretty full and about to get even more full with another baby real soon:) Good Luck to you.
*I made up this meme and tagged my cousin happy mommy and that's where I found your blog!