CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ruby Wife's Potato Soup

There is an unwritten rule somewhere that says if you have a recipe and you alter it in any way it then becomes your recipe. You are in the free and clear to claim it your own. At my husbands request for a soup similar to Olive Garden's I found this and 'made it my own'! This was what was for dinner on Friday. My family loved it! Peter and Wendy actually asked seconds! We were just finishing up when our small group got here and they all tasted it and said YummY!! It has been requested for me to release this one as well. Which I love when people like something so well they ask for the recipe. The sound you hear now is the sound of my head swelling!!!!!

Toscana Soup

1 pound of ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
1/2 Cup bacon bits
1 small onion chopped finely
1 1/4 tsp minced garlic
2 quarts (boxed) chicken stock
7-8 medium redskin potatoes, cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/2-3/4 inch slices
2 Cup Kale leaves, cut into bite size pieces
1/3-1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbsp Olive Oil

In a Dutch Oven, add olive oil, onion, garlic,bacon and sausage. Brown sausage half way. While this is cooking slice potatoes leaving skin on.
Add all chicken stock. Bring to a boil add potatoes. Reduce to medium heat and cook potatoes till fork tender (about 15 minutes).
Meanwhile, wash and cut up Kale, set aside.
When potatoes are done add Kale and reduce to simmer for 3-4 min. add cream.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan on top.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will change that to 3 cups of Kale and call it my own...