CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Church Service

Our church is doing a really good series right now "Happily Ever After". Yesterday's service was on submitting yourself to your spouse. Obviously, the husband is the head of the household and makes the final decisions. This is relating to the selfishness that can easily creep into any marriage. If you are a proud person and don't say you are sorry or always have to have your way or the last word your heart can become hard toward your spouse and ultimately to God. You will no longer hear God. I have experienced this in my own marriage. When I feel like I'm right or that things would be 'easier' my way I can get a little flustered and everyone knows it. I've had to tell my husband and my children that I'm sorry and ask them to forgive me for my actions and/or words. I know for sure that when I 'bite the bullet' and humble myself to them that God gives me His grace. I can feel His love again and I can almost see the repair it does to my relationship with my husband and children. When my children aren't, well lets say, don't get along it is very difficult to make them humble themselves and sincerely say they are sorry. This then becomes a heart matter. I have read some of "Don't Make Me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman. There is also an enlightening 'Wise Words for Moms' biblical chart that hangs on the front of my fridge. She provides you with heart probing questions for your children. I have found this is the best way to talk things through with a child. You aren't 'preaching' at them or lecturing them on something but involving them in conversation with you on the issue. From the appropriate questions the child can think through what they have done or said and search their own heart for the disobedience along with providing the parent with Scripture to teach pretaining to the particular behavior and thus 'training a child in the way he should go'. I want nothing more for my children than to always know what it means to 'humble yourself'. And to know what grace means at a young age. To know that this can only come from God. For this to happen my children have to learn it from the most important people in their lives, Mom and Dad. Yes, that means me and Hubby. They have to see us living this out. They have to see us humble ourselves and submit our will to one another and most of all God. I pray everyday for Jesus to help me live like Him. I would like to say this is not an easy task for me to do. By which I mean living like Him. Everyday is a different day with the same choice, my way or God's? I believe God knows best. It's not easy to let go and let God lead my life and decisions. I'm really trying to pray and grow in this area of my life.

0 comments: